Sunday, May 9, 2010

Double Minds by Terri Blackstock

Book Description:
Struggling to succeed in the Nashville music scene, talented singer/songwriter Parker James finds the competition fierce -- even deadly. A young woman's murder, industry corruption, and a menacing stalker draw Parker into danger and intrigue. Nothing is as it appears, and unraveling the truth challenges everything Parker believes about her talent, her future, and her faith.

My Thoughts:
This book was so-so, it wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. A fast read, I finished it in a few hours, but very predictable. Parker, the main character, was trying to accomplish a life long goal and avoid a killer, which should have sucked me into the story line, but it just left me feeling like something was missing because of the predictability. The book introduces a large cast of characters but there isn't a lot of detail about any of them, including Parker. I loved the message of faith throughout the book and the closeness of Parker's family, but the suspense really wasn't there. I felt the book had no twists, surprises or real suspense. I also like that Blackstock doesn't shy away from some hard issues. Family problems, faith issues, and even eating disorders are discussed without hesitation. Overall I would rank this a 3/5, borrow from a friend or used bookstore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment