Monday, June 14, 2010

The Negotiator by Dee Henderson

Book Description:
In this dynamic rerelease of The Negotiator, FBI agent Dave Richman from Danger in the Shadows is back -- and about to meet Kate O'Malley. A hostage negotiator in Chicago, Kate is a legend on the force, willing to walk into any situation. Dave is a Christian, but Kate isn't. Their relationship is going to be a challenge. Kate's family, the seven O'Malleys, were orphaned or abandoned as children; they chose to become their own family. But an airline bombing, tragic family news, and the appearance of a brother Kate didn't know she had will change her family's life -- and her own -- forever.

My Thoughts:
I absolutely loved this book. It is the follow up to Dee Henderson's book Danger In The Shadows and starts a series about 7 'siblings'. Kate is a negotiator and she meets up with Dave, and FBI agent, under unusual circumstances. She gets dragged into a bombing and her family decends on her to protect her and help her solve the case, and Kate finds out she has a biological brother that may be the cause of a lot of her problems. Through the whole thing, Dave is there helping and protecting her, even when she tries to shut both he and God out. The book outlines the plan of salvation in a very simple and easy to understand way, which I like.
I give this book a 5/5. Go out and get it today! You will read it cover to cover without wanting to put it down. Since it was published in the '90s you could probably find it used somewhere, but if not, it is worth the expense to just go buy it.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. Added to my TBR list. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you have some great book reviews here! I am your newest follower from book blogs:)
    www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley,

    I'm your newest follower from book blogs.

    Joy from www.edgyinspirational.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley,
    You have written some great reviews here; I hope you will review my book when the time comes.
    I am a new follower from book blogs:
    doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com/they say everyone has a story

    P.S.If you go to my blog and scroll down there is a link for halfpastkissingtime...they do something called Friday Fragments and I have doubled my followers in 2 Fridays! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed all of the O'Malley series! Good review.

    ReplyDelete