Thursday, July 14, 2011

Easter's Lilly by Judy Serrano

Book Description:
It was Easter Sunday; the day Lilly's life went from safe and comfortable to dangerously unfamiliar. Her transformation takes her from a small town girl having an affair with a low ranked gangster in the Montiago crime syndicate, to a woman of grace and fortitude married to the head of the organization. Easter's Lilly is an inspired journey from the idyllic to the darker side of self-discovery. Read as the over-privileged brothers embark on their journey that twists and turns down the road of unbridled passion in this first book of the series.

My Thoughts:
I was completely captivated by this book. Lilly is a young, naive girl who gets mixed up with some people she shouldn't. Johnny is a drug dealer and womanizer, but when he disappears, her life gets infinitely more complicated. She is quickly married by Diago, one of the top men in the Montiago drug ring and has complicated relationships with all four brothers in the family. Three of them love her, in their own way, one brother is her anchor, while another her husband and another her protector....while the last wants her dead !
Honestly, reading the first couple chapters I didn't know how I was going to feel about this book, I wasn't overly thrilled with one of what I thought was going to be a main character. Of course, he was a guy you weren't supposed to like so I was feeling what the author wanted me to feel toward him! Lilly is a completely naive and lovable character. The author paints a vivid portrait of what could easily happen to someone who is in that 'world'. It world full of violence and drama that could easily confuse and hurt you . The four brothers are wonderfully developed characters. I absolutely adore the little boy!
I rate this a 5/5. I completely enjoyed it and plan to start reading the second in this series ASAP. I will caution everyone that this isn't a 'clean' read, there is rape, drugs, violence and sex in it, but the author does a wonderful job of making it all just flow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment