Monday, July 25, 2011

Interview with John 3:16 Author Tracy Krauss!!


Good morning all! Please help me in welcoming author of My Mother The Man Eater, Tracy Krauss!

Questions:
AW: What genre do you write and why?

I write Romantic Suspense. I love a good twist with lots of surprises, and who doesn’t like a little romance? I would say, my work is heavier on the suspense and lighter on the romance, despite the titles. 

AW: Tell us about your book….

I’m currently promoting MY MOTHER THE MAN-EATER. It’s a crazy, mad-cap, roller coaster ride as we follow Joleen Allen, a forty four year old cougar on the rampage. The fact that she juggles several men at once is complicated enough, but when her ex-con husband, a former mafia man and drug dealer, returns home looking for revenge, her life gets scary – fast. Add to that five grown daughters, all with personal issues, who begin attracting the attention of Joleen’s male friends, and it’s a mixed up dysfunctional mess. I loved writing this book. I had so much fun, and yet there is a lot of really gritty and unpleasant stuff, too.

AW: What was your inspiration for this book?

I was playing the Sims. Seriously. I’d made all these cool characters and then I realized a story was forming. I had to quit playing and start writing!

AW: Do you have a favorite character and why that one?



Not really. As a playwright, I love characterization. It’s what I do when I write or direct for the theatre, so I invest a lot in my characters for my books, too. I love them all. Even the creepy ones.

AW: Did you find anything particularly difficult in writing this book?

I had to pare it way down. It’s still a really substantial book at 555 pages, but believe it or not, I got rid of another whole sub-plot. I suppose I could have divided it into a series, but I didn’t want to. I guess in this case I just had too much to say!

AW: What project(s) are you currently working on?



My third novel PLAY IT AGAIN is currently in production. It is the prequel to my first book AND THE BEAT GOES ON, which can be loosely called an archeological thriller. I am also polishing up a manuscript for pitching called WIND OVER MARSDHDALE, a book about a Cree man who has to deal with dark spiritual forces in a seemingly quiet prairie town.

AW: Do you have any advice for writers out there?


Stick with it. Publication doesn’t come easy, and promoting your work once it’s out there is even harder.

AW: Where can we find you?


They are available at all the usual places – Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. Or if you go to my website, I have links to other sources, as well as the publisher. My direct link to Amazon is: http://www.kraussamazon.com/



Author bio: Tracy Krauss
Tracy Krauss is an author, artist, playwright, director, worship leader, and teacher. Originally from a small prairie town, she received her Bachelor’s Degree at the University of Saskatchewan. She has lived in many places in northern Canada with her husband, a pastor, and their children. They currently live in Tumbler Ridge, BC. Published works include her debut novel AND THE BEAT GOES ON, a romantic suspense with an archeological and creationist twist, and MY MOTHER THE MAN-EATER, a contemporary romantic suspense. Tracy is also a published playwright and has several other works in progress.

Back cover – MY MOTHER THE MAN-EATER
What’s a girl to do? Joleen Allen is on the hunt. For a man, that is. Unfortunately, every time the mother of five meets a prospect, he falls for one of her daughters instead!
Meanwhile, her ex-husband, Harold, is back in the picture after a stint in prison, and he’s looking for revenge. He’ll do anything to see Joleen’s reputation and her relationship with their children ruined. Harold has devised an elaborate plan to slander Joleen and ruin her financially, and will stop at nothing – even murder – to see it through.
At forty-four, Joleen has seen a thing or two. She became a mother at sixteen, and her five highly independent children are now grown. Jasmine is a successful ad executive, but has a drinking problem. Jill is a tough cop, while middle child Jennifer surprises them all with her tenacity. Jinger is a self-centered glamour girl, and the baby of the family, Jade, is utterly spoiled.
All the interesting men they meet get tossed around by this pack of barracudas. Adding to the mix are some drug deals, a kidnapping, insurance fraud, and secrets from the past, making life very complicated, indeed.
With grit, humor, action, intrigue and romance, My Mother the Man-Eater is a redemptive story about a woman whose search for meaning in life sends her straight into . . . the arms of God.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley. thanks for hosting me on your blog. I enjoyed the interview. You asked some unique questions. Hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how people find the time to write long books. Sigh. I love the title, My Mother the Man-Eater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your familiar 'face' Lorilyn! Hi to SBN. I'm checking out your site now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to learn more about you in this interview, Tracy. Little by little, your character is developed in my mind. Sims, eh? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy is always so interesting, sheesh, a playwright? Super cool interview, Ashley!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great interview. You're everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, you are too kind. Writing plays is a very exciting artform since the payback is so immediate. (If you can stage them that is...) Seeing one of your plays on stage is an adrenaline rush, for sure.
    Ginny! SO good to see you here. For anybody else out there, Ginny has just finished a SUPER FANTASTIC OUT OF THIS WORLD novel called 'Zinovy's Journey' which will hopefully be out this fall. I had the privilege of reading it this summer and I can assure you it is one to watch for!
    Hi to Sid, too! :)

    ReplyDelete