Thursday, February 9, 2012

Interview with Author C.A. Freeburn

 Tell us about yourself…

C.A. Freeburn has loved books since she can remember. There was nothing better than picking up a story and finding herself in another place and meeting new people. The love of reading evolved into the love of writing and she's been writing since her teenage years. Her first novel, Parental Source, was a 2003 Library of Virginia Literary award nominee. Whether it's a detective story or an inspirational romantic suspense, her stories usually involve some sort of crime where the characters are determined to see those wrongs righted.

What genre do you write and why?

I write mysteries and suspense because I want to write about people overcoming extreme adversity in their life. There is a 'need' in me to create heroines and heroes who struggle against allowing the worst in their life defining them and find a way past that moment. Sometimes, I do it with a more serious take, or like with the Working Shadow, Inc. series there is a humorous tone.

Tell us about your book….

Dying For Redemption is about a private investigator who was murdered and finds himself in Limbo. He doesn't want to spend eternity doing nothing and decides to help other murder victims rest in peace by helping them discover who killed them.

What was your inspiration for this book?

I was at a book festival where I participated in a mystery panel. At the end of the panel, a woman approached me and said she enjoyed the talk but she doesn't read books where people die during the story. That comment got me thinking. How could one write a murder mystery without having a character die in the book? What if all the characters involved in the mystery were already dead?

Do you have a favorite character and why that one?

That's a hard question. I hate picking one character (for fear the others will stop 'talking' to me when I'm writing) but with Dying For Redemption, I have to say Callous. He's different than any character I've ever written and stretches me as a writer.

Did you find anything particularly difficult in writing this book?

The hardest part was keeping a balance between the detective and paranormal side of the story. I didn't want either element to overshadow the other as they are both important to the book.

What project(s) are you currently working on?

I'm working on the second in the Working Shadow, Inc series, Dying for Perception, and the third, Safe and Sound, in my inspirational romantic suspense series New Beginnings.

Do you have any interesting writing quirks you want to tell us about?

Besides occasionally acting out fight and car chase scenes with Rescue Heroes or Matchbox cars, I don't have any writing quirks.

Do you have any advice for writers out there?

Every writer's path will be different. There is no right way, only the way that is right for you. Find that route and travel down it. Don't worry about all the other ones.

Where can we find you?

http://www.facebook.com/christina.freeburn?ref=tn_tnmn

https://twitter.com/#!/ChristinaFreeb1

http://www.theselfresueprincess.wordpress.com/

http://www.christinafreeburn.com/

And of course we have to know, where can we find your book?

Currently, it's available at Amazon in ebook form, but the print version is being worked on.

http://www.amazon.com/Dying-For-Redemption-ebook/dp/B005TMV54E/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1327601672&sr=1-1

1 comments:

  1. These sound very interesting....may just have to go and find a few new series :) Thanks, Ash!

    ReplyDelete